These rules are to protect everyone and ensure that your visit to Whale of a Time is a safe and happy one.
1. ALL children MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult at ALL times. Whale of a Time Ltd does not accept responsibility for the supervision of children.
2. Only children up to the age of 10 may play on the playframes / equipment.
3. Children should use the toilet and wash their hands before entering the play areas.
4. Leave badges and jewellery with a responsible adult. Spectacles should only be worn if used with a retainer and shatter proof lenses.
5. Please remove shoes before entering the play areas. Socks MUST be worn at ALL times. In case of a problem, contact reception or a member of staff.
6. Age restrictions vary dependant on the play zone that visitors are using. These are in place for the safety and enjoyment of all children.
7. Play is restricted to 2 hours during peak times.
8. We recommend to parents that children wear long sleeves and trousers. Clothes should be tucked in at all times. Football shirts and other items of clothing made from man made fibres are not recommended and will prevent children from using some of the attractions within Whale of a Time Ltd.
9. Clothes with ropes and cords should not be worn in the play areas.
10. Please do not play in front of the slide run off areas and exits.
11. NO sharp objects may be taken into the play areas.
12. It is forbidden to climb on the netted walls or the system structure.
13. No food, drink or chewing gum should be taken into the play areas.
14. It is forbidden to smoke or play with fire anywhere within the Whale of a Time Ltd play centre.
15. Children who are unwell should not enter the play areas.
16. Balls or other objects should not be thrown at each other.
17. Fighting or bullying will NOT be tolerated. Guilty parties may be asked to leave the play centre.
18. Parents / Guardians are responsible for the behaviour and well being of the child in their care and must maintain supervision at all times.
19. In the interest of Health & Safety, please ensure that any food debris which falls on the floor is picked / wiped up as soon as possible. Report any spillages to a member of staff immediately upon discovery.
20. Report ALL accidents to a member of staff, to ensure that we can provide any necessary assistance and minimise the potential of reoccurrence. These will be logged and are an important part of ongoing safety audits.
21. All damages to Whale of a Time Ltd property either accidental or deliberate MUST be reported to a member of staff immediately.
22. Nappy changing and the use of potties etc should be conducted in the baby changing area only. Place nappies in the correct bin provided.
23. For Health & Safety reasons, with the exception of essential baby food, ONLY food purchased at Whale of a Time maybe consumed on the premises.
24. Report any behavioural concerns to a member of staff. Do not attempt to intervene yourself.
25. All party deposits are non-refundable unless agreed otherwise with the management. If possible another mutually suitable date and time can be arranged. Non attendance cannot be refunded.
26. The Whale of a Time team supervise the play equipment and help maximise your childrens enjoyment from the play the play experience, they are not however a replacement for parental supervision. Parent / Guardians should note that whilst every consideration has been given for the safety of children using the play centre, Whale of a Time cannot be held responsible for accidents which occur as a result of children playing on the equipment.